Sunday, October 26, 2008

We Love When Daddy Visits!


Mike was able to come see us in Chicago for a few days over Columbus Day weekend. It was so great to have him even just for a short time! We spent the day in Chicago, ate famous deep dish pizza and went to a city park. On Saturday night, Mike and I had our first night away from Joshua since he was born! (15 months ago!) My parents volunteered to watch Joshua and we went and stayed in a really nice jacuzzi suite for the evening! I even had a midnight craving for an egg sandwich- (we saw one while watching the movie Spanglish) and Mike was sweet enough to run to IHOP for me. He had to leave early on Monday- but we love him so much and can't wait to see him again at Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh I'm glad you got a great weekend together! The alone time is good to have, when you're ready (and have the trusted babysitter - grandparents are great!). So sweet that Mike went out for your craving... awww! makes for fun pregnancy memories, doesn't it!

Krissy said...

I didn't catch up from the bottom, so I couldn't figure out why you would want and egg salad sandwich at midnight! LOL Now I get it! LOL