Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine's Day Surprise!







Mike went above and beyond this year with Valentine's Day! I couldn't believe how much he planned ahead and did to really make the day amazing for me! It started out with a wonderful breakfast of thick french toast, sausage, fruit, and juice. Over breakfast he had a box of Godiva chocolates and a card with appointment cards in it for hair and nail appointments! So- I hurried and finished breakfast and went off to get pampered! It's been a long time since I've gotten to do anything like that for myself- it was awesome! When I came back Mike and Joshua had taken my grocery shopping list and finished the shopping for me and had lunch ready (complete with homemade potato salad- yum!) That night Mike arranged for a sitter and took me on a sunset dinner cruise that left out of Honolulu. We had a buffet dinner, watched the sun go down, saw a whale, and watched live music and dancing! It was so much fun and so nice to have an evening to ourselves! I have the most caring, attentive , amazing husband! I love you, Mike!!!!



P.S. We took some pics of us on the cruise but it was too dark to see us! The one the cruise line took makes me look huge (which I guess I am right now!)- so didn't want to put that one up either!

10 comments:

Miken Harding said...

Awesome...that was so great of Mike! He's one romatic dude! I'm so gald your having a great time! 4 bedrooms-that rocks! I really hope we get there to see you guys. Tell the Bloomfeilds hi for us, they were in Montrery with us, he's a chinese linguist too!

Sarah said...

Whoooo! That's amazing! He really did a through job of pampering you. So glad to hear about it!
Looks like Josh was a good helper in bringing things home ;)

Julie said...

Wow! Nice job Mike! Sounds like the perfect day. We're jealous of your new home and hope to come visit before you leave. Enjoy the warmth!

The Gurrs said...

What a sweet hubby! I'm so glad you are enjoying Hawaii! It looks so beautiful! Hopefully we'll be able to visit before yo leave!

Little Josh is so cute! I love the sandy mouth pictures!

Take care of yourself and good luck with that little kicker :)

star said...

That is love, especially doing the shopping!!! I'm glad you are enjoying Hawaii. It makes me miss it. Josh is looking so grown up. I hope you are doing well, even if you feel huge. I'm sure you look great!

On a side note, the next time you are in Waikiki, go to Cheeseburger in Paradise. It is my favorite burger place and it is right there on the strip close to the zoo.

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

What fun! Jealous! I bet that cruise was absolutely gorgeous....and yes I want to see pictures! We can't wait for the new baby! miss and love you guys!

Tolman Family said...

Sounds so fun - good job, Mike!

C. Leah said...

How nice is he to do all that!? I'm glad you (and him) had such a nice Valentine's Day! :)

Shannon said...

Hey there! This is Shannon from Monterey, and I just wanted to let you know that you've inspired me to start a blog! I'm so happy to hear that everything seems to be going so great for your family. When are you due??? I admire you for having more than one since I now know how much work just one baby is!! You're a super woman! Keep in touch!

Karin said...

I am really impressed with the planning- and grocery shopping! way to go, Mike!