Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Days like these....

On days like today- I have to vent a little. I just recently had a conversation with a friend where we discussed how a lot of the "blogging" world is not real life. Well- here it is today- real life for the Barnum Family! I need to get some of this out- so I can look back and laugh at the day later and realize that I have accomplished something!


All three boys slept until nearly 8AM- this is usually unheard of at our house. So- one would think that they would be in exceptionally good moods right?! WRONG- I have had the grouchiest 2 year old today. I have been hit, yelled at, and had the remote control thrown point-blank at my face. Needless to say he has spent much of his time in time-out in his room, and is now napping(I asked him to please wake up nice again) we'll see if it happens!

The baby has been especially cranky today as well. I couldn't even get myself completely ready for the day- which really doesn't even take that long! He is especially sensitive to noise when he is tired or not having a good day and poor thing-the blowdryer was just too much for him today- the whole 5 minutes of me drying my hair was him screaming his little heart out- I'm such a mean mom. I didn't even get to straighten my hair- because I couldn't bear to listen to anymore screaming! By this time we spent a little time outside (I'm so grateful for Hawaii weather being beautiful and perfect nearly every day so that we are able to get out when we need it~! So after a few peaceful moments of play outside- it was time to take Josh to school. I got all the kids ready to go and out in the van. (oh yeah- have I mentioned I drive a minivan now- yep! I'm officially a "Mormon Mom!"). Anyway- the van wouldn't start. So- realizing the battery was dead- Joshua was not able to go to school today. So- I did get a chance to do my visiting teaching and enjoyed chatting with my good friend for a few moments. Lunch was then served, and cranky children were put to bed so I could deal with my 200.00 cellphone bill complete with overage charges and a Christmas gift that arrived that I paid 3.00 for and 20.00 to ship. Happy to report both things were taken care of! Oh- yes- and the dog did get a bath today- so there it is- it is 3:00 in the afternoon and this has been my day. Somedays I feel like there
could be circus music being played as a background to my life! It is crazy but I do try and remember to be joyful in the craziness of it! I hope everyone else had better days!

2 comments:

star said...

Thanks for keeping it real! Despite the craziness, you did in fact accomplish a lot. You're such a great example Chrissy! Love ya!

C. Leah said...

Agree with Star!

And I am so glad I am not alone!! :)