Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Valentine's Day



Joshua got his first Valentine and promptly put it in his mouth! My mom always made Valentine's fun at my house. We woke up to a table similar to this picture. She always had decorations and a box of chocolates next to our plate with a card. She even got up early and made us pink, heart-shaped pancakes for breakfast. Mike said he had never had pink pancakes before- I guess there's a first for everything!

My Valentine's Present came the next day. Mike arranged for a babysitter and we went to dinner and a movie in the same night! It was awesome. The following Monday he took me clothes shopping- not one of his favorite things- so it was a sweet sacrifice and we had a great time. Our friends Hank and Danica watched Joshua Saturday night and Monday afternoon! They are awesome! We're so glad they moved here!

5 comments:

Karin said...

Fun & festive! You are cute:) And I'm impressed with the domestic skills. You've improved since the days at Jones Hall...;)! (i hope we ALL have!)

Miken Harding said...

That's awesome you guys got out and got to do something! Love the pink pankcakes!

Meagan said...

Add me to your blog! Joshua is the most adorable baby ever...can't wait to be his little aunty!

Sarah said...

What a fun tradition to carry on - the Valentine's style breakfast! (Don't forget the green pancakes for St Patrick's next!)
Glad you all got some fun out of the weekend!

TrishaB123 said...

Add me to ur blog as well so I don't have to keep typing this link in lol. but he is adorable. I miss that little guy. and I miss the festivities from V-day. had nothing this year :( but sometime hopefully. and its awesome how he just went and stuck it in his mouth. leave it to Josh to test things out that way