Monday, July 13, 2009

Joshua is 2!!!!!




Joshua's 2nd Birthday was on July 10th! We celebrated during the afternoon due to Daddy sleeping in the morning and working that night- but it was still fun! The birthday boy had a breakfast of Marshmallow Mateys (of which he only ate the marshmallows) and strawberry cheesecake muffins- yum! Lunch was Lunchables Pizza, and for dinner we had his favorite: Macaroni and Cheese!!!! His cake was a race car track and it sure didn't turn out like it looked in my head- feel free to laugh at my expense! I figure he has lots of birthdays for me to beef up my cake decorating skills! At least he will know his mom loved him enough to try and make it for him! He asked me all day to lift him up "to see" the cake- it about drove me crazy! I was so glad when Mike got up so we could sing to him and let him take those cars off the cake!

He got a train set from Grandma and Grandpa Briggs which he loves so much I have already replaced the battery in the train 3 times! (video to follow!)

He also got a CARS chair, Mack (from Cars) bath letters, bubble bath, and some books. Again we thought we got him too much because he only wanted to play with the cars from the cake- oh well?!

Our friends the Clines popped in for cake and brought Joshua a really cool Diego truck set.

We are so glad Joshua is a part of our family. He is so smart, loving, and full of energy! He keeps us on our toes and makes our home a happier place! We Love you Joshua!!!!!! We can't wait to see what this next year has in store for you and us!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Congratulations! I't hard to believe you guys have a 2 year old! It should be an interesting year :) Good luck!

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

THAT TV IS LARGE!!!!!!!!

You are the best wife letting Mike get it!

Josh is soooooooooooo funny when he is yelling "mama! Noooo mama!" LOVE IT!

Tolman Family said...

Happy Birthday Joshua! (Our present is in the mail - sorry it's so late!)