Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Little Sponges


Kids really are little sponges. As a child, I watched my parents do things, and noticed as an adult that I have some of those same behaviors. Now, it is really interesting to watch Joshua pick up little sayings and behaviors from Mike and I. Most recently, I have noticed that he uses a couple of phrases we say more often then we realized! When he gets excited, he says "all right!" (care of Mike!) If he falls down or runs into someone or something he says, "Oops, sorry" - this is especially funny when he runs into the couch and says it! (care of Chrissy) Probably the funniest one to me though is :

"Oh Shoot!"

I was trying to figure out where he got this one from, and then I got lost one day and caught myself saying it 2 or 3 times.

Joshua went to the dentist for the first time a few weeks ago and as we were walking up to the door he kept repeating, "Oh No, Oh Shoot, Oh No, Oh shoot." Ummmmmmmm- I hope people don't think he is saying anything other than shoot! I will try to watch my mouth more carefully from now on!

By the way: I had the camera out to video Chase and Joshua wanted me to take a picture of him and then he actually posed like this by himself- too funny.

2 comments:

Julie said...

That's so funny! He couldn't have better role models!

Shannon said...

glad you posted, I was just thinking about you and your family. Happy to hear things are going well despite having your hands full :)