Friday, September 10, 2010

Visits to North Carolina and Illinois!

We made our first trip back to the "mainland back in April/May. It was a whirlwind trip but great to see family and friends again. Sorry to those of you we may not have been able to see- we hope to be able to stay much longer next time!!!!! We started in SC with Mike's dad and wife - Sue. We had a great time relaxing at their house, Joshua and Chase had their first fishing experience on Grandpa Barnum's boat, we were able to visit the Columbia SC temple (a highlight of the trip where we also ran into our great friends from Monterey, the Gardners unexpectedly!!!!!) and I honestly can't remember what else- it's been a few months! We then were able to spend some time at Mimi's house in NC where Joshua and Chase LOVED Mimi's cats, and playing with their cousins! We had a great time socializing and having a fun lunch at Red Lobster in Concord. We were also able to visit my brother Ryan, and his wife Meagan and meet their sweet, beautiful, Brinley!!!! We wish we could have spent more than a couple of hours with them!

Before we knew it we were on to Chicago where we spent time with my family at a Children's Museum downtown Chicago, ate out lots, and Mike and I got an overnight date thanks to my mom and dad!!!!! It was a great time and so fun seeing my parents new house and beautiful new lawn! (last time we were there they just had dirt and weeds!) The boys had a great time being out in the yard collecting bugs with grandma and spending time with Grandpa as well. Joshua left his mark on Grandpa's couch in his "man room" with a permanent marker. Sorry about that Grandpa! We love our families and are glad we were able to see them even if it was a short visit! We hope to visit or have you visit us again soon!!!! Also- I don't have any pics of the kids with Mimi- I think because she was taking lots of pictures I thought I had them too- so Mimi- I need to get copies of those pics so I can post them!

3 comments:

Ryan L. Briggs, Esq. said...

I seriously DID NOT believe those pictures with Brinley. She looks SOOO little!!! Oh my gosh those were sooo cute.

We LOOOOVED seeing you and seriously wish we spent more time together. But, we'll have to figure out the next family get-to-gether!!!

Miken Harding said...

Love all your posts! Love the pictures of your 3 day adventure-how totally awesome! Looks like you had a blast. Hope your doing good! Sure hope we can come visit!

The Gurrs said...

How fun! Your boys are so cute! It kinda freaks me out though to see your sisters grown up. I think I will always picture them as 5 and 2 :)

And I agree with you, it would be SOOOO FUN to live close and just let the boys play. If you ever get sick of gorgeous Hawaiian beaches, you should request San Antonio--there's lots of military here. And let me know when you find out about your 3rd boy :)

But before you leave Hawaii, I totally want to do that kayak/camping trip! That looks amazing! I'm so glad you got to do that!