Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Whale Watching at Makapuu Lighthouse Trail

My friend brought her bird along for the walk, lots of people stopped to ask if she was a pet or a bird in the wild!
A Whale!
Okay, so this was a funny day! We didn't actually make it to the lighthouse because the hike was so steep and my pregnant self in the hot sun had to stop, however, we did see some whales far off in the distance and some beautiful views of the island with great friends! Thanks so much to Christal and Alicia for helping take turns pushing my jogging stroller which had everyone's lunches/coolers, a sleeping Chase, and  Joshua who decided after a few steps he didn't want to walk up the steep hill (I can't say I blame him!) I will definitely try this hike again (when I'm not pregnant!)

2 comments:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

So fun!!!! I've been whale watching once in elementary school and it was booooooooooooring. But we were stuck on the boat for hours and barely saw anything. BUT that hike looks gorgeous. And the bird along for the ride?? No way. No wayyyyy. That is hilarious.

#2 Valentines day! Cute! I need to do better. I didn't do ANYTHING for it. No decorations. No awesome breakfast. No nothing! Next year I'll do better. Brin will be older and be able to enjoy it more.

#3 Brody....brody brody brody....He looks like such a nice dog. You need to get that hair shaved off!!! I would CRY if he ate my bread sticks. Those are my favvvvvve.

#4 Disney!!!! So fun! Their sweaters are adorable too. I love Disneyland. We're committed to going to DisneyWorld before law school ends. It looks like tons of fun, but a huge committment too!! and we need to find a killer deal on tickets for me to be convinced!!

Great blog updates!!!!!!! :-)

Trent and Karen said...

I'm so glad you posted so much. It was fun to see your pictures of Disneyland, too! Hailey especially loved the castle picture. When is baby boy #3 due? Congrats on that!!