Friday, April 17, 2009

39 1/2 Weeks and Still No Baby!!!!

Wow- I really didn't think I'd be writing this post! I thought for sure this little guy would be early- and though his due date is not officially until Monday- I feel that he is late! It's hard when your first one is 8 days early- because you expect the same with the next! I went to the doctor today and when I left I was 75% effaced and 3 cm dilated. She did strip my membranes which may or may not result in the onset of labor! At this point- I'm just hoping he comes before my mom leaves on the 27th! We could really use the help with Joshua while I'm in the hospital! Keep your fingers crossed for us- we're hoping for sometime this weekend! Hopefully our next post will be new baby pics!

3 comments:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

WE WANT THAT BABY OUT NOW!!!

Lucky that Dolly is spending all that relaxing time in Hawaii!!! Jealous!

My Mom's b-day is Sunday, so I'm thinking April 19th is a perfect day to have a baby :-)

Karin said...

Good luck! Having a "time line" is sooo tough when expecting! Oh well- enjoy being with your mom, and he'll come out soon, I'm sure. Anxious to check in though!
(BTW- with 3 deliveries so far, they have each been SO different, I don't even know what to expect with the next! Hope the membranes stripping works for ya though!)

Sarah said...

Wow, Chrissy! Happy due-date-day! I was checking on the off chance there were baby pictures up :) I've been avoiding asking you if you've had him yet, as that's obviously what everyone is talking about. Happy delivery if it's still upcoming!