Monday, April 20, 2009

Introducing Chase Michael Barnum!!!!!!!




We are so excited to announce the next addition to our little family! Chase Michael Barnum was born on Saturday April 18, 2009 at 8:25 AM! He was 7 lb 11 oz and 19 inches long.

I went into labor a few hours after writing our previous post! The doctor's appt really worked well to get things going! I started having really hard contractions around 11pm Friday night so I called the hospital and talked to the midwife on call to let her know my contractions were about 7-10 minutes apart and had been for hours- well- she wasn't convinced I was in active labor and told me to stay at home longer- about a half hour later the contractions were really painful and 2-5 minutes apart!!! Mike rushed me to the hospital- I really started to worry about having the baby in the car! We made it there and I was already dilated to a 6! They even told me they didn't know if there was time for an epidural- however- thankfully Chase gave his mommy a little time to make sure she got some drugs!!!! Thankfully early Saturday morning the midwife I have been seeing regularly (and is wonderful) was on call- so she came in and told me to call her when I felt like I needed to push- well I never called because I was so numb from the epidural- she finally came in a few hours later and was shocked to see baby Chase almost out on his own! He was out in just 3-4 pushes!

We are so happy to have him home! I feel great- I can't believe how much easier the recovery has been this time around! Joshua is doing well although sometimes when Chase cries he goes over and yells "no!" I guess the crying bothers him! We are trying to teach him to help soothe the baby. He's been a little jealous of the baby's attention and has been known to sneak off in other rooms to suck on Chase's pacifer or draw with crayons on the TV screen while we were bathing Chase in the kitchen! Life is fun!

Grandma Briggs is here to help and has been awesome! We love her so much and are so grateful for all her help- she even came in and got Chase at 2Am this morning and offered to put him to sleep- come to find out he ended up sleeping with her in her room until 7AM! Thanks so much mom- we love you!

Well- sorry for the novel- but we are so happy to have a complete little family! We will post some more pictures soon!

9 comments:

C. Leah said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you guys...and little Chase is adorable! :)

Justin & Jennifer Olsen said...

Congrats! He came when he was ready. I'm happy for you to have your mom still in town. What a big help. Glad to hear everyone is doing so well. FYI-Jase and Britta had their baby girl, Jersi on April 15.

Shannon said...

congratulations Chrissy! i am amazed to see you posting so soon and glad to hear that your recovering very nicely and had such a wonderful labor!!

Karin said...

Hurray, hurray- glad to hear you are doing well and the delivery went well, too. Enjoy the extra help and attention from grandma:) What a sweet little guy.

star said...

We are so glad that Chase is here! He is a handsome little guy!

The Gurrs said...

Congrats! What a beautiful baby!

Julie said...

Congratulations! How fun to have another Barnum in the bunch! He's adorable. Glad to hear you have help. Let's chat when things have settled down and you're feeling up to it!

Miken Harding said...

He's beautfiul....no wonder you didn't answer the phone, you've got your hands busy! How fun. Enjoy, let me know how it is with 2 little munchkins!

Trent and Karen said...

That's so great he came that soon after you posted that other comment. When I was complaining about Sophie not coming and posted it on my blog, I had her the very day! Must be something about posting a new comment. Anyway, we're so happy for you and that everything turned out great. I'm glad you made it to the hospital in time!!
Keep posting those pics!

Karen