Sunday, August 22, 2010

Chase-Isms

SO Here are some of Chase's latest tricks!!! (at 16 months!)

He says so many words right now: Joshua, Mom, dada, dog, Thomas, milk, more, all done, graham cracker, light, nose, eyes, "No!", "Mine", Hello, Bye, Thank you, scriptures, and probably several others but as tired as I am that is all I can remember at the moment!

He is running- it is the cutest darn thing!

He LOVES to do anything his brother Joshua is doing.

He walks around the house with the church hymnal singing and pretending to lead the music.

He loves to feed the dog at mealtime if Mom forgets to put the dog in his room.

He LOVES being outside!! He complains very loudly when mom makes him come inside (unless there's good food involved!)

He Loves to eat. I think he is happiest when sitting at the table enjoying a good meal!

He really likes to read and will even sit and read books on his own for a few minutes at a time- I love it!

He is very friendly and waves to random people and says "Bye". He waved to a truck of landscaping guys the other day as I pulled him out of the car- the guys loved it- it was too cute!

He is very into the "Mine" thing right now- this is early for me- Joshua didn't learn that word until nursery. He even claims his body parts as"Mine" if I am trying to wash his hands or face after a meal, or if I pull his thumb away from his mouth for a minute to put his pajamas on!

He is still an amazing sleeper. He sleeps all night and takes 2.5-3 hour naps during the day. He loves his bed and gladly goes to sleep when we put him in it.

He has 6 teeth, but is getting some more on the bottom at the moment!

He can follow directions without motions. I asked him to put something away in his closet the other day and he did it! It's amazing how much these little ones understand even if they can't say much!

Chase is a Joy- such a bright ray of sunshine in our home- we love you so much Chasers!

1 comment:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

HEYYYYY!!!!!

You are such a good mom. Seriously. I reallllly admire you and look up to you. thank you for setting such a great example for me! (even if you don't think so, you are wonderful!)

Okay, seriously Josh and Chase are soooo stinking cute I can't stand it. Chase is such a little man. 16 months!!!!!!!!!!!??????? So wait, does that reallllly mean Brinley is almost 1? She is 10 months next week! This year has floooown by.

Spider story. Ew. Gross. I haaaate spiders.

Egg/waffle story. Oh my gosh those boys keep you busy ALLL the time!!! And, I don't think it's weird that you are salmonella crazy. Food poisoning is sooo super gross to me and handling food wrong is sooo gross too. Being paranoid is okay sometimes!

We love you guys and hate that we are on opposite sides of the planet (it feels like!) We need to talk soon!!! I have no idea when it would be okay. Maybe we'll call tonight :-) Love you Chrissy and give the boys (and Mike!) kisses and hugs for us!