Sunday, August 22, 2010

Joshua-Isms

Joshua has said some really funny things lately- and my family always tells me I need to write them down- so here a few I can remember.

"Mom, you smell like dog." (after I had told him that earlier in the day after he helped bathe the dog with daddy."

"Mom you are really heavy." (thanks Joshua!)

To Mike the other night as he was putting him to bed, "Daddy, lay down by yourself, with me."

He often tells us things are "too dangerous."

He often ends up in bed with us in the middle of the night- and in the morning he wakes up and says, "Smile mom!"

He does several jobs on his own now including dressing himself, and feeding the dog!  He also loves to help with dishes and laundry. I'm sure that will change:P

"You're not my mother, you're a girl!"

He tends to be shy around new people or large groups of people.

He has so much energy! I wish I could tap into some of it!

He keeps me on my toes all the time. He is so bright and picks up on things and remembers them upon hearing them just once! He also remembers things that have happened very well- and often reminds me of the time I took a wrong turn on the way to church.

He was out playing in his car the other day and asked, " Mom, should I turn right, or the wrong way?"

He gives lots of hugs and tells us he loves us all the time, and told me today, "Mom, I know you love me." It melted my heart.

Joshua is such a sweet, bright, energetic boy and we are so glad he is ours!

6 comments:

jaredandgina said...

Fun to see the little guys personalities! I can't believe your spider story! Seriously seems like everyone is being attacked by spiders lately! Freaky! Hope you guys are doing well. Have you guys always had a dog? I don't remember one!

The Gurrs said...

What sweet, adorable boys! I totally loved the earlier post of your day with the boys. It made me laugh because I feel like that is what most days are like with these active little boys. I should start documenting them. It will be fun to look back on them one day when I'm not so stressed or exhausted :)

Miken Harding said...

I love you!!! I love your boys-how much fun they are! What a night-eggs and all, yuck! I'm so jealous Chase is talking, Brooks, not one word...sometimes I get momma and that's it. She's smart as a dime-but no real words.
Have a great week!

Miken Harding said...

Wow....how fun and creative! Don't take the heavy comment personal!LOL. I can't even get Brooks to say any words. Go Chase. Have a great week.

Tolman Family said...

I love reading your posts. What a handful those two little boys must be!

Julie said...

So Sweet! I love "isms" :)