Sunday, August 22, 2010

Oh my what a night!

I haven't blogged consistently in forever, and I feel bad about this, however if I can give you a glimpse of what life is like at times, I'm sure many of you understand!!!!  So Mike had to work today and I decided to make it a housework day as well. The kids and I (haha) cleaned a bathroom, vacuumed the entire house (even the stairs:P) made granola, and then at the end of the afternoon went out to run some errands. We finished up at the grocery store and I noticed as I was putting the stroller away into the car that there were a bunch of spider egg sacs attached the back of the stroller near the handle I had been pushing with (lovely) knowing that we were almost home and not having anything with me that I could remove them with I stuck the stroller in the car. As soon as we got home, I pulled it back out only to realize that not only were there egg sacs but several hatched babies crawling around the sacs ( I immediately ran in for a can of RAID telling Joshua- DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING- but of course upon my return he has my keys and is jabbing at the egg sacs with them. I grabbed them from him and sprayed that sucker (the stroller down) only to my horror does a giant brown spider (the mom) crawl out trying to avoid the fumes. After we killed her, we noticed she had some strange markings on her belly- freaky. The closest picture I think I've found is the brown widow?! Anywho- thankfully there were no bites.

We  hurried in to get dinner on which I thought I had timed out perfectly. I was going to make oven fried chicken for the first time. I even cut up a whole chicken!!! Well apparently I had looked at the recipe wrong and it needed to be cooked longer than I thought, so back into the fridge the chicken went, and out comes the waffle recipe. In the midst of making it, Chase pulls down the egg carton and scatters the empty gooping shells all over the floor. Both kids end up touching the shells and anyone who knows me well knows how paranoid about salmonella I am! So I immediately sent them to wash their hands. As soon as I was done washing Chase's he picks up a spare egg shell we had missed...Back in to wash his hands! I pulled out the mop to mop up the egg mess on the floor. As I go to return it to the closet I notice Joshua standing looking sheepish next to a big puddle- he didn't make it into the bathroom in time- well thankfully I still had the mop out. I finished making the waffle batter but heard some curious crashes coming from upstairs in the boys room. I ran up there to check things out only to find everything from the top of the bookshelf on the floor and Joshua still naked except for a shirt listening to a Thomas story on cd. (He had used the bookshelf to climb to the top of the dresser to turn it on!) Anyway- the night ended with a great meal of Belgium waffles, peaches, and bacon. A close second to chicken, I guess. There are two little angels upstairs sleeping now, and exhaustedly I type away as therapy. Does anyone else have days like this?

2 comments:

C. Leah said...

Oh wow! You did have a rough night! I haven't had any days like that recently, but I have had them none the less. ;) So, I feel your pain. And how scary about the spiders! I hate spiders! lol

Anonymous said...

Oh I LOVE IT!! I am so glad to hear other people have days like that!! I am so glad you are writing it down to remember, cause of course you will have a great laugh at it!! you guys look great and your boys are so big!!